Agenda for Aprll 20, 2012, Commissioners' Meeting
The Mayor and Commissioners will meet on Friday, April 20, at 7:00 pm in the Commissioners’ Room, City Hall. Following are the items listed on the agenda for discussion and vote:
- Permit of Compliance request by Salt Air Ventures LLC, to operate a new restaurant to be known as “Salt Air, and located at 50 Wilmington Avenue.
- Presentation by representatives of Envirotech on the “Town Hall Rainwater Reclamation Garden” planned for City Hall including concepts, purpose, design and plantings – Commissioner Zellers.
- Consider adoption of a resolution setting a public hearing on a proposed ordinance that would impose a moratorium to restrict construction around the City’s lakes.
- Consider adoption of a resolution authorizing and directing the Mayor to seek an amendment to the City Charter, Section 40(q), to change the authorized indebtedness of the City from a percentage of the assessed value of real property to a fixed amount.
- Report on the status of the Beach Bloom Project – Commissioner Zellers.
- Report from Commission Mills on his attendance at the American Shore & Beach Preservation Association Conference and on meeting with our congressional representatives.
- Update on SB234, known as the Universal Recycling Bill, and the City’s efforts to expand its recycling program to multi-family complexes – Commissioner Mills.
- Animal Issues – Report on Committee Meeting held on March 16, 2012 - Commissioner Zellers
For the report on the April 9, 2012, Commissioners’ workshop, please visit: http://www.saveourcityrehoboth.org/16-blog/news-articles/187-rehoboth-presents-outfall-statement.html
For the April 23 Board of Adjustment meeting agenda please visit: http://www.saveourcityrehoboth.org/blog/9-upcoming-meetings/191-board-of-adjustment-meeting-april-23.html
For list of upcoming events, please visit: http://www.saveourcityrehoboth.org/15-blog/upcoming.html
The always popular Rehoboth Beach Farmers’ Market will kick off its SIXTH season on Tuesday May 1, at Grove Park, from noon until 4:00 pm. Please visit the Market website where there will soon be more information about the Market: http://www.rbfarmersmarket.com/
For continuing information about Rehoboth Beach and the area, please visit the SOC website: www.saveourcityrehoboth.org